We are looking for a learning support, who accompanies Lukas, 15 y.o., during his school days. Lukas has been diagnosed with ASD, when he was 2 y.o. He communicates in English, which is also the first language in school and at home.
Lukas is well liked and integrated in class. He follows an individual learning plan, and is not graded. During lessons, which are of little value for him (e.g. German language acquisition), the learning support has 1:1 lessons with Lukas on subjects tailored for Lukas (e.g. English). Lukas will enter Grade 8 in September. A typical school day goes from 08:00-15:30.
* Accompanying and supporting a teenager with ASD in school from 08:00-15:30 on 2 days/week
* Support in classroom as well as conduct 1:1 sessions (under the guidance of the existing team)
* Support participation in school/class community and in joint learning (e.g. assistance in communication, support in self-organization and emotion regulation, etc.)
* Join or organize additional afternoon activities from time to time
* Regular communication with team
What we expect:
* Experience in working with kids with ASD
* Ideally completed pedagogical education
* High level of responsibility
* Fluent English
* Digital affinity advantageous
Engagement terms to be discussed, remuneration very attractive. If you feel addressed, Lukas and we are looking forward to receiving your application and meeting you.